Having trouble viewing this email? Try
it in your browser. Click
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
“Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.” Acts 13:1-3
When Jesus gave the Marching Orders to the church, He said to carry the Gospel into all the world. What we call the Great Commission is, in fact, the marching orders that Jesus gave us. The early church did not have technology in the way we do today, but they “filled Jerusalem with their doctrine.” Soon the Gospel arrived in Antioch, and from there the first foreign missionaries were sent out.
Charles Spurgeon wrote, “If there be any one point in which the Christian church ought to keep its fervor at a white heat, it is concerning missions. If there be anything about which we cannot tolerate lukewarmness, it is in the matter of sending the Gospel to a dying world.” If the world is going to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then Central Baptist Church needs to take a long look in the mirror, and ask ourselves these questions:
1. Do I accept my responsibility in the Marching Orders that Jesus gave us? “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15
2. Am I actively bringing others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ? “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19
3. Am I serving the Lord right where I am? “As they ministered to the Lord.” Acts 13:2
4. Are you fasting and praying for the worldwide work of the Gospel? “And fasted…and when they fasted and prayed...” Acts 13:2-3
5. Are you yielded to the Holy Spirit’s leading in your life? “The Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them….So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed…” Acts 13:2, 4
6. Do you support the missions program of the church financially? “Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God liveth a cheerful giver…For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God.” II Corinthians 9:7, 12
I pray that Central Baptist Church will stay white hot in our missions work. I ask all of us to examine ourselves and see if we are carrying out our Lord’s Marching Orders. Let’s get “Back to the Basics”!