Having trouble viewing this email? Try
it in your browser. Click
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
"Thank You, Jesus!"
“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” I Timothy 2:5
The other day my wife discovered that a certain service we have was double charging our bank account each month. We had experienced this problem a few months ago and we contacted the customer service and thought that we had resolved the problem. Apparently, the person we had talked to did not fully see the case through, and as a result we were left getting double charged.
Upon discovering the ongoing problem, my wife immediately picked up the phone and explained the situation to customer service. She shared our frustration with the company, and explained that we absolutely required that they fix this immediately. The customer service lady said, "Let me get you to the expert on our electronic accounts." We listened to a few minutes of annoying hold music when at once someone picked up the line and said, "This is Jesus, how may I help you?" Michelle said, "Who is this?" And again he said, "This is Jesus, how may I help you?" He did not pronounce his name with the Spanish accent of a silent "J"; he pronounced it like it looks. Michelle was grinning ear to ear as she explained the problem to Jesus. After hearing her through he said, "I can take care of that." In just a few minutes he had taken care of the problem and was explaining to us in detail how and why this had happened. Still not completely convinced, because it seemed too quickly fixed, Michelle said, "Now, Jesus, are you sure this isn’t going to happen again next month?" Jesus explained to her that he had completely fixed the problem, and that it would not happen again. As he closed the conversation I heard my wife say quite loudly, "Thank you, Jesus!" And he said, "You’re quite welcome."
Now I'm sure this man that helped us is a sinner just like us, but there were some things about this experience that peaked my interest. Let me share a couple of them:
1. The expert who knew exactly how to fix our problem was a man named Jesus! Wow! When I had nowhere else I could go with my sin problem, I was introduced to Jesus Christ and He knew exactly how to fix it. (John 14:6)
2. Jesus made a complicated problem simple. (2 Cor. 11:3)
3. Jesus knew exactly what to do! (John 6:6)
4. Jesus completely finished the job, and He assured me that I would never experience that problem again. (John 19:30; Heb. 12:1)
5. It was a joy to talk to Jesus! (John 20:20)
6. I came to Him in frustration, but I left with joy unspeakable! (1 Peter 1:8,9)
7. When the transaction was done all I could say was, "Thank you, Jesus!" (Luke 17:16; 2 Cor. 9:15)
What a great reminder that we have a Friend Who can carry every burden, fix every problem, and bring us through every situation, and supply our needs according to His riches in glory! I'm so glad that I can call up anytime and get right on the line with the Expert who know what to do. Hallelujah!